If you can offer security on your loan, we’ll lend between $1,000 and $50,000. But all loans depend on a few things:
- That you can easily afford the repayments
- The value of the security you have on the loan – for example your car, home, personal possessions
- Your credit profile such as employment, credit score and bank statement conduct to name a few.
Yes, in almost all cases Admiral Finance loans are secured. You can use motor vehicles, boats, livestock, homes or personal possessions that belong to either yourself, a joint borrower, or a guarantor.
You need to meet the following lending criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old
- If you’re aged 18-21 we’ll need someone else to guarantee your loan
- You need to secure your loan against an asset such as a motor vehicle, personal possessions, a house, land or boat
- You need to be a New Zealand Citizen, living in New Zealand. Or you need to live in New Zealand and hold a Permanent Residents Visa
- We only work with people who have a reasonable credit history
- You must not be currently bankrupt or hold a ‘No Asset Procedure’
- We need to see some valid photo ID
You can apply online, over the phone or in person at our Christchurch office. If you need a speedy answer, then it is best to apply online. We are open Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5.00pm. After these hours, we have an answer service and applications will be looked at the following business day.
Provided you’ve given us all the details we need, we can let you know if your loan has been approved within 60 minutes of processing your request.
Once your Admiral Finance loan is approved, and documentation signed, the money is available in your bank account the next business day. But if you need money really urgently, we do offer a same-day money service for a small charge.
You can make weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments via direct debit on a regular date that suits you. If your loan is secured against assets like motor vehicles, we may be able to spread your repayments over as many as 4 years. If the loan is secured against property or land, then we can structure repayments for up to 5 years.
At Admiral Finance you don’t need a perfect credit history. While there can never be a 100% certainty of being approved, we look for reasons to say yes to your loan, rather than no. However, we are unable to lend to anyone who is currently bankrupt or who has recently filed a ‘No Asset Procedure’.
Yes, we currently have three forms of insurance – Payment Protection Plan (PPP), Vehicle Insurance and Mechanical Breakdown Warranties. Talk to us to find out more details.
No, you don’t need a job but you do need to be able to afford the repayments. Usually a minimum income yesof $400 per week is acceptable. We welcome everyone including the self-employed, full and part-time workers or seasonal workers.
Two forms of ID are required with all our loans:
- One Photo ID (Drivers Licence, Passport, Firearms Licence, 18+ card)
- Plus a secondary form of ID (such as your Bank Card, Credit or Debit Card or a birth certificate) may be required.
However, if you are purchasing a vehicle, or using a vehicle as security, a minimum of a Restricted Licence is essential.
In most cases you will only be charged our standard $40 early settlement fee. But if your Admiral Finance loan is nearly complete, we may not make that charge. New loans from 1 July 2017 will not be charged a settlement fee.
You won’t find anything surprising or unfair in our agreements but we strongly encourage you to review the small print before you sign your loan paperwork to make sure you understand your obligations. If you have any questions, please ask us – we’re here to help and advise you through the process.
A guarantor is a person who will be able to sign documentation confirming they will be able to meet your financial commitments if you are unable to do so.
It really doesn’t matter what you need extra money for – no purpose is too unusual.
No, you must have a minimum of a Restricted Licence.